[LARC-CQ] LARC QRP ops group

Matthew Stevens matthew at mrstevens.net
Wed May 9 10:51:52 PDT 2018

At the meeting the other night, I passed around a couple of sign up
sheets for additional LARC activities.

One was for a QRP operators group. I know we have several people (myself
included) in the club who like portable and park operation, CW, qrp
rigs, etc. I'd like to get a group going that can meet up once a
month(?) at a convenient location (maybe a state or county park
somewhere in Lakeland), bring radios, snacks, batteries, antennas,
whatever you want and just generally hang out, play some radio, and have
a good time! Nothing fancy, informal, just an excuse to get out and
operate in the parks for an hour or two (or however long you want!).
Let's figure out what works for everyone, and we will get this rolling.

Several people have already signed up on the paper sheet, but I wanted
to get the word out there for others who may be interested.

I've created a sub-mailing list for qrp-ops. If this sounds like
something you'd be interested in, visit
http://lists.lakelandarc.org/listinfo.cgi/qrp-ops-lakelandarc.org

73,

--