[LARC-CQ] clarification on getting an official copy of your license

Lakeland Radio lakelandarc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 05:57:20 PDT 2019

George KB0QMN brought this serious omission to my attention regarding
obtaining an official copy of your Amateur Radio License. (You will need
this to sign up for EchoLink)

After
https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/systems-utilities/universal-licensing-system

*Scroll down about half a page and Click on the header link labeled File On
Line. *

*This will bring you to the page where you can enter your FRN number and
password. From the next screen you can request a duplicate Official Copy. A
Reference Copy won't cut it.*

To date I have identified the following EchoLink users:

Don KI4EFL – QSO in the wee hours of the morning

Eleanor KK4VCN -- Joined the the Thursday Net via Echolink

Rich N4ESS – Testing the system

Bill Paul KK4LYQ – From Wednesday Rag chew comments

I am sure there are many more. I will publish a list of EchoLink Elmers, as
they volunteer. Let me know if you would like to be one of them. If you
knew enough to get on the system, you probably know enough to help a fellow
ham do the same.

Bill KI4ZMV

Virus-free.
www.avg.com