[LARC-CQ] SARnet

Jim Stewart w4xds at outlook.com
Sun Aug 25 09:55:05 PDT 2019

I have been asked by several folks about what is transpiring with the
SARnet network over the past few days.  I had sent out the WCF response on
the 22nd, and want to follow it with an update that has been posted on the
SARnet website.

"August 23, 2019
Some progress to report...
The letter writing campaign has been effective.  Per a request from FDOT we
have taken down the save SARNET message. Late today FDOT clarified that the
August 15, 2019 directive to field technicians that prevented them from
supporting SARNET only applied to billable work. We believe this
clarification means that field technicians can once again support SARNET on
their own time."

You can read it at  https://www.sarnetfl.com/

On that same site there is additional information that describes SARnet in
more detail and gives some insight into it's inception and direction.

73's

Jim
W4XDS

W4XDS at outlook.com
Member/Director, Lakeland Amateur Radio Club
   - WWW.LAKELANDARC.ORG
Polk Co. ARES Emergency Coordinator
   - WWW.POLKARES.ORG
Skywarn Trained