[LARC-CQ] Propagation ?

J Leahy jleahy00 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 18:57:58 PST 2019

WSPR once again shows how scattered the bands can get.  I worked WSPR for about 45 minutes after the ZAARC Net tonight.  I had to break up the resulting maps into 3 graphics because the world would not fit on one.

I used WSPRWatch to monitor and print the files.  I was running 5w (usually only do 200mw but I was just lazy, used WSJT-X and my base radio.  You probably could have run any minimal power and got to Europe tonight.  Over this 45 minutes my FT-450, and a $9.00 home made endfed only 35ft long hit 5 continents thanks to the propagation..... ya just never know.

If you have an IPhone check out WSPRWatch, it’s free and works well.  The Green Spots heard and reported me, I heard and reported the Red Spots and the Lavender Spots are folks that did both, TX and RX.

20m was just about dead.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁