[LARC-CQ] Results of the survey

Lakeland Radio lakelandarc at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:35:14 PDT 2019

 [image: survey1.JPG]

Here is a listing of the questions from the survey. It was my first, and
left a lot to be desired. Next time I will ad a blank for other.

Before a lightning storm I generally:

Disconnect the coax leading into the shack and place the unconnected end
several feet from my house

Disconnect the antenna from the radio and leave the unconnected end on the
floor in the shack away from the radio

Disconnect all my radio equipment from the house power source.

I power down all equipment, but leave it plugged into the wall outlet.

Do nothing. If lightning is going to strike, I can't so anything about it,
so I just hope for the best.

Have you ever had damage to your shack due to lightning?

Yes

No

There were several responses in addition to the survey that are worth
noting. I will post them in a separate email.

Bill

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>