[LARC-CQ] ka2kdp - Melbourne Hamfest OCT 9 & 10, 2020

Don KA2KDP boatspoiler3642 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:27:25 PDT 2020

------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[TARC] Melbourne Hamfest 2020
Date: 	Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:41:19 +0000 (UTC)
From: 	'JACK' via Tampa Amateur Radio Club <tarc at hamclub.org>
To: 	Don KA2KDP <ka2kdp at qsl.net>

73 & GUD DX
K4WSB/C6AVP2MSB

Melbourne Hamfest 2020
Prizes and Forums Update
The 55th Annual Melbourne Hamfest is October 9th and 10th, 2020

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/pcars/melbourne-hamfest-4916438?e=b8cdb9618e>

<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=aeca72ff0d&e=b8cdb9618e>

  *FRIENDS AND FAMILY*

  The *55^th * Annual Melbourne Hamfest and 2020 ARRL Southern Florida
  Section Convention is just around the corner, October 9^th  and 10^th
  . There will be one more email update next week just a few days before
  the event.

  The latest information on the Hamfest can be accessed on the PCARS
  website at http://www.pcars.org/hamfest/2020/
  <https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=dacef734c6&e=b8cdb9618e>

*Prizes*
*1^st prize  From ICOM/HRO Atlanta ICOM IC-7300 Transceiver
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=d6b01ba1dc&e=b8cdb9618e>
2nd prize from ICOM/HRO Atlanta /ICOM IC-2730 Dual Band (144/440MHz)
Transceiver/
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=be9e68a3be&e=b8cdb9618e>
3^rd Prize from Tigertronics, /Signalink Data Modem with interface
cable/
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=f2b473f904&e=b8cdb9618e>

Plus miscellaneous hourly prizes*

*Hamfest location ( same as 2019) :*

  Melbourne Auditorium
  625 E. Hibiscus Blvd.
  Melbourne, FL. 32901

  _*Tables are still available*_, so if you are thinking about reserving
  a table at Hamfest, it's NOT too late but you need to act quickly.
  Tables are only $25 for two days. Reserving now will aid in reducing
  wait times the day of the event.

  The website has the *New Table Layout for 2020*which gives attendees
  more space to move around and distance themselves. Click on the link
  to see the layout: New Table Layout for 2020
  <https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=58346d9179&e=b8cdb9618e>

  Click on the link for the Vendor Reservation Form for Tables and
  Tickets here: Vendor Reservation Form
  <https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=04ab01ce37&e=b8cdb9618e>

  We also have the *Tailgate area* outside which you do not need to sign
  up for, just come and sell. Tailgate spots are $15.00 for the two
  days. Tailgating is on a first-come first-served basis and applies
  Friday - _if you have an assigned spot Friday, you should park in the
  same spot on Saturday._ Pre-payment and reservations are not available.

  For those that show up Saturday morning for the first time - do not
  park in a tailgating space before being assigned a spot. Our tailgate
  team will be available starting 7 am on the auditorium property.

  The auditorium management insists you do not show up earlier than 7 am
  on auditorium property.

  We have a Consignment Area in the East Room where you can bring items
  and the club will sell the items for you , so you don’t need to sit at
  a table inside or outside. The club has a large area to display your
  equipment. Please print and fill out the agreement form which can be
  found here: Consignment Table Form
  <https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=2b5550600e&e=b8cdb9618e>

  We are updating the website as we get closer to the date of the event.
  Information on forums, prizes and testing will be placed there as soon
  as possible. Tickets are $10.00. _Currently advance ticket sales are
  only available to those making table reservations._

  *License testing*: if you wish to take an amateur exam they are being
  offered Saturday morning but *NOT at the auditorium*. *You MUST
  pre-register* by emailing vetesting at cfl.rr.com
  <mailto:vetesting at cfl.rr.com?subject=Registration%20for%20Amateur%20Exam%20at%20Hamfest>
  for further information.

  ***Procedural Changes due to Covid-19:*
  1) Face coverings MUST be worn to obtain entrance to the event.
  2) The side doors to the auditorium will only be open during vendor
  setup and tear-down times. This is necessary to track the headcount
  inside the building. All other times the front doors must be used.

  Forum Schedule

*Friday October 9th*
*2:30 - 3:30 PM - Home Generator setup & suggestions- Gary Bishop NV0Q.*
*4:00 - 5:00 PM - VNA Antenna Analyser Presentation - Cylde Spenser KD8AN.*
*5:30 - 6:30 PM - Fusion/
WiresX Presentation - Ed Johnson W2PH.*
*Saturday October 10th*
*9:15 - 10:15 AM - Go Kits & Solar Power - Hope Lea ND2L & Grace Lea KE3G.*
*10:30 -11:30 AM - The International Space Station & the School Program
Update - Charlie Sufana AJ9N. *
*11-30 - 12:45 PM - Florida Contest Group Contest Forum/Lunch - Chris
Plumblee W4WF.*
*1:00 - 2:00 PM - ARRL Forum/Update - Mickey Baker N4MB.*
*2:00 - 3:00 PM - ARES Forum/Update - JD Shaw K7LCW.*

  If you have questions, you can contact the Hamfest Committee at:
  Hamfest at pcars.org <mailto:Hamfest at pcars.org>

  The Hamfest mailing address is:

  PCARS Hamfest
  PO Box 1004
  Melbourne, Fl 32902-1004

  We hope you will come spend a day or two at the 2020 Melbourne Hamfest.

  Greg Bowman, N4EN Chairman
  PCARS Hamfest Committee 2020

Map to Melbourne Hamfest
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=775e5501cd&e=b8cdb9618e>

Share
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=f37381fc93&e=b8cdb9618e>
	Share
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=7665d022d0&e=b8cdb9618e>

<http://us13.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=62c5d90582&e=b8cdb9618e>
<http://us13.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=62c5d90582&e=b8cdb9618e>

Find Out More
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=6d40c124ac&e=b8cdb9618e>

/Copyright © 2020 Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society, All rights
reserved./
Attended Melbourne Hamfest in the past

*Our mailing address is:*
Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society
P.O. Box 1004
Melbourne, FL 32902-1004

Add us to your address book
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/vcard?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=7e6fd72a93>

You can update your preferences
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/profile?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=7e6fd72a93&e=b8cdb9618e>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=7e6fd72a93&e=b8cdb9618e&c=62c5d90582>

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&afl=1>

Facebook
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=9f4f40a360&e=b8cdb9618e>

Twitter
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=e90916da10&e=b8cdb9618e>

Link
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=e8db1d98b2&e=b8cdb9618e>

Website
<https://pcars.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8eba533061697c8079d6a435&id=24f1bff61f&e=b8cdb9618e>

--
COVID-19 status: TARC is suspending ALL in-person meetings, events, and
open houses until further notice. To the greatest extent possible, we
https://groups.google.com/a/hamclub.org/d/msgid/tarc/2104613551.150921.1601383279511%40mail.yahoo.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/hamclub.org/d/msgid/tarc/2104613551.150921.1601383279511%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.