[LakelandARC] How to display Zulu and Eastern time...?

KI4OFU - Mike Oliver ki4ofu at arrl.net
Sun Dec 23 20:08:23 PST 2007

On 2007-12-20T03:00:16-0000, wb4lca wrote:
> Anybody know if/how you can display Zulu and Eastern time in the
> windows task bar simultaneously? (XP)

Biff,

There is an application called "Clock Tray Skins v3.91" that I just
tried and the attached screenshot shows that it can display local time
plus up to two other time zones in the system tray clock (my screenshot
only shows one additional clock (GMT) in addition to the local system
time).  If the attachment doesn't make it through the list, you can see
it here:

http://ki4ofu.us/tray_clock.png

The cool part about this is that it displays the time in your system
tray instead of having yet another window open on your desktop just for
UTC.  I think that if you are using HRD, it will compute your offset
from UTC automatically and log everything in UTC without any
intervention on your part.  I will check into that...

I haven't purchased this product, and after taking this screenshot I
uninstalled it because I can't justify the cost.  I will keep looking
for something free that has two zones, but in the mean time I will keep
using the free software called TClockEx[0].

[0] - http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm

--
Mike Oliver, KI4OFU
[see complete headers for contact information]