TS Fay update From Polk County EM.

Evans F. Mitchell; KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK 894 kd4efm at polkemcomm.org
Mon Aug 18 02:55:47 PDT 2008

Good Morning, I am still planning on holding the Polk County
ARES NET at 10 AM. The following information has been obtained
from Paul. I need to as soon as possible who all will be able
to assist. I will be at work this afternoon from 2 pm till 9 pm,
but will be monitoring conditions when possible.

Again, POLK ARES NET THIS MORNING AT 10 AM and possible full
activation tonight or early Tuesday morning. I need 5 people
to volunteer for a Net control, and Shelter Ops.
I will forward you the necessary stuff for the operation of the Net.

The need for communicators for the Shelters will be discussed
and a role call will be made for availabilities. SHELTER OPS
ARE BEING CALLED FOR!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

As it stands based on this mornings predictions, Polk County
ARES will upgrade it's alert from stand-by to Condition YELLOW,
ACTIVATION PENDING WITHIN 12 HOURS. This condition will be set
this evening when I return home from work, and I have been able
to get a briefing from POLK Emergency Mgmt. and Paul.

Evans Mitchell
KD4EFM
Polk County ARES EC