[LakelandARC] Field day preperation

R. Pirkle irish_empress at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 09:11:01 PDT 2008

Hello Ernie and everyone on the list!

As I read Ernie's notice to the group, I had an idea,  I realize it wouldn't be feasible to implement the Field Day I have this year, however I thought now would be an excellent time to begin planning how to implement it for next year.

The idea (or perhaps question is more appropriate at this stage) is this:  In keeping with today's current social concerns about fuel, ecology, and the costs of both, do you think it would be possible to plan and conduct a Field Day that is mostly (if not wholly) based on "green" technologies like photo-voltaic powersourcing and other alternative energies?

I know I don't have enough technical knowledge right now to know where to even really begin, but starting now should definitely provide enough time to plan an eco-centric Field Day event for next year.  I also think that planning a "Green" Field Day event for next year could provide an added incentive to local media outlets to cover the event as a local public interest piece.

I would really like to receive feedback on this idea.  If you prefer to provide feedback off-list, you can email at irish_empress at hotmail.com (checked most frequently) or kf4txo at earthlink.net -- and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Rebecca "Becky" Pirkle

To: LakelandARC at yahoogroups.comFrom: kg4yni at gate.netDate: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:12:56 +0000Subject: [LakelandARC] Field day preperation

Hello to all fellow radio enthusiasts. Some planning has already > started for our upcoming 2008 field day. Our next preparation session will > be two weeks from today, Sat. May 10th at 10:00 AM. The QTH for this > event will be outside of YNI's shack at 5315 Greenfield Rd. We will be > building a couple more antennas and getting input from each person as to > what they will be able to do this year. We are only nine weeks away from > our big annual event and with enough help we can get everything done with > ease. Our frequency capabilities will be greater this year and most > everything from last year is ready to go again. Field day 2007 was most > likely the best one ever for LARC, and with help from YOU, this year's > event will be even better.>> One thing that everyone is capable of doing is inviting friends and > acquaintances to the event. We will have a GOTA station set up so that > anyone can come in and make contacts to see if they might like the hobby. > We especially need younger folks. They can really help us score more > points and are sometimes easily impressed.>> Please plan to come with your thoughts, ideas, suggestions and a chair.>> An old Kathleen proverb, " More hands make big jobs smaller.">> Tnx and 73, Ernie KG4YNI