Solar Cycle 23 Sunspot Group

Thomas F. Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 07:05:02 PST 2009

Posted Tuesday January 13, 2009

On Sunday January 11, 2009 a new sunspot group formed near S12W25. On Monday
January 12, 2009 it was numbered 11011 by NOAA/SWPC. Unfortunately it lasted
less than two days before fading away.

It's location and magnetic polarity pointed towards a solar cycle 23 sunspot
group. This sunspot further extends the length of already record long solar
cycle 23 to past 13 years, if my memory serves me correctly. I will check on
that number and revise if I'm incorrect.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Lakeland, FL, USA
kn4lf at arrl.net
eList Moderator

LF/MF/HF/VHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector: