[LakelandARC] Field Day

George Gafford Sr ki4nbe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 20:05:37 PDT 2009

Thomas, Now that this has made it in the open for all to read on the yahoo group I and many more emails are going to start coming your way to stop you from making the choice of leaving LARC. Now I don't know the real reason you would choice to leave LARC and that isn't my business nor will I try to get that out of you.
But I will tell a story. My ex-wife and I thought at one time leaving LARC too do to an Ex LARC Prez. We were taked out of it and I for one am glad I didn't walk away.
We all have our days good and bad.
You worked very hard to become a Ham and joining LARC you know you made a lot of good friends, some of I'm sure you don't want to out of your life now.
I feel at times what good am I for the club now, I have no car, I haven't been to a club meeting or club event all this year. I'm missing out on Feild Day this year for not having a way out there. And that bout kills me. I have been to the last 3 of them sence I became a ham in dec 05. I have a blast at each one of them.
Now I used the reason of no car, but I could still jump a city bus in the moring and be out there. So that leave me to my next and biggest reason I'm not able to make club meetings and events. I have a 25 year old handicapp son living with me and I have tryed taking him to club meetings and events, but he is a distraction to the club, that hurts me in many of ways. but I will not leave the club. now back to my first reason, this is why I'm giving my time to be net controler one week each month for the year.
So from what little I do know from reading the emails on the yahoo group I ask for you not to leave LARC over a couple of unanswer emails. Mike/KT2T in his email to you explains a lot of reason the emails may have gone unanswered.
Erine/KG4YNI is a very busy guy but I know he trys to help and answer any and all things that come his way.
Please give him another email or a phone call and I'm sure you two can work out any misunderstanding or lost contacts with one other.
Let me try to answer your question on what time for saturday feild day.
You may show up at anytime to help out and your help will be more then gladly.
I showed up last year at 5:30am and the show starts at 2:pm.
Please go and have FUN FUN FUN

73 de George/KI4NBE