Wednesday Night ARES NET

af1reman aF1RE at arrl.net
Tue Oct 26 20:02:39 PDT 2010

Hello All,

This is Robin Retzloff, AF1RE, Emergency Coordinator for Polk County ARES. Tomorrow night we have our weekly Wednesday ARES training net. Please plan on checking in at 730pm on 146.985. This is the WC4PEM repeater with a PL tone of 127.3 Hz and a negative 600 Kz offset. If you are new to amateur radio these are the needed parameters to enter into your Handy Talky or HT as it is usually called.

If you are using an HT to join the net, you might have to go outside to get to the repeater. The repeater is located in Bartow. Try to get to an open area in the direction of Bartow. Hopefully net control will call portable, mobile and short timers early in the net. That will keep you from standing outside to long. Try transmitting your callsign on the net frequency before net time to see if you can reach the repeater.

 If you need assistance with programing your HT or other radio, bring it to the ARES meeting on Thursday at the Polk County EOC, Emergency Operation Center. Bring your manual for the radio. The meeting starts at Doors open by 6pm and the program starts at 6:30pm. Paula Doss from The American Red Cross will provide training about Emergency Shelters.

You may contact me with issues or questions. I have added my contact information below.

Thank you for your time and see you on the net.

Robin Retzloff   AF1RE
Emergency Coordinator for Polk County ARES
863-648-2391 home
407-421-8422 cell
AF1RE at ARRL.net
2131 Kingswood Ct