New to amateur radio

Sarel Botha sarel at botha.us
Wed Nov 23 17:11:29 PST 2011

Hi, Everyone,

Recently I became interested in amateur radio and decided to get my
license. I plan on taking the exam at the next opportunity on December
3rd. I've ordered a dual-band handheld radio to get started with.

To prepare for the exam I've been studying by reading all the questions
in the question pool. If I don't understand a particular subject or
terminology I then go research it until I feel comfortable with what the
question is asking. Do you have any suggestions for additional reading
material?

Thanks,
Sarel