New to amateur radio

Tom larc2 at evanszone.com
Wed Nov 23 21:48:56 PST 2011

Hi Sarel,
First, let me congratulate you on taking the steps to become a licensed
amateur radio operator!
A good book for learning what you need in order to take your Technician
license exam is The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual (2nd edition) ISBN #
978-0-87259-083-0. This book was designed by the ARRL (Amateur Radio
Relay League) for teaching what is required to take the Technician exam.
It also includes all of the exam questions and answers. Each section in
the book refers to specific questions on the exam that will cover the
material in that section. Additionally, each exam question in the back
of the book has a page number where the information needed to answer
that question is discussed.I used the previous version of this book 16
months ago prior to taking my Technician exam.
The book costs $24.95 from the ARRL and $29.95 from the other
sources.You can order this book online at:
The ARRL online store: The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual
<http://www.arrl.org/shop/Ham-Radio-License-Manual-Revised-2nd-Edition/?\
page=1>  Amazon: The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual
<http://www.amazon.com/ARRL-Ham-Radio-License-Manual/dp/0872590836/ref=s\
r_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322112866&sr=8-1>  Amateur Electronic Supply: AES
Website <http://www.aesham.com>   (search for Model Number: ARR0977)
There is also an AES store in Orlando where you can pick one up without
having to wait for shipping.
Good Luck on the exam!
Tom EvansKJ4WFS