It Has Been A Good Five Years

Robin Retzloff fdrn at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 21:39:07 PST 2015

All Polk ARES Members,

I will be stepping down as Polk County ARES Emergency Coordinator at the
end of this year. I promised Neil and Dee two years when I accepted the
appointment in August of 2010. It was fun so I stayed a little longer. I
want to thank all you that have accomplished so much in five short years. I
believe the basic framework is in place to continue growing into the
future. The amount of high level people that are a part of Polk County ARES
in impressive. These people are what makes the future look so good for Polk
County ARES. The continued development of relationships will allow this
growth to occur. I want to thank Polk County Emergency Management, Pete
McNally, Billy Abernathy, and Diane Hilliard. I especially want to thank
Paul Womble for his leadership, patience, forthrightness, example, and
financial support of ARES and of me. His constant reminder that
relationships are everything in the Disaster Response business kept my
focus on people and not systems. Then there are the many people who did all
the work, thank you. You have accomplished much and you should rightfully
be proud of your attainments. Thank you all for allowing me to serve.

Sincerely,

Robin Retzloff