[LakelandARC] It Has Been A Good Five Years

gwmann gwmann at verizon.net
Thu Nov 19 04:55:08 PST 2015

Well said and many thanks! George Mann

-------- Original message --------
From: "Robin Retzloff fdrn at tampabay.rr.com [LakelandARC]" <LakelandARC at yahoogroups.com>
Date: 11/19/2015  12:39 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: "PolkARES at googlegroups.com" <polkares at googlegroups.com>
Cc: kt4wx2 at gmail.com, ben at bhenley.com
Subject: [LakelandARC] It Has Been A Good Five Years

      All Polk ARES Members,
I will be stepping down as Polk County ARES Emergency Coordinator at the end of this year. I promised Neil and Dee two years when I accepted the appointment in August of 2010. It was fun so I stayed a little longer. I want to thank all you that have accomplished so much in five short years. I believe the basic framework is in place to continue growing into the future. The amount of high level people that are a part of Polk County ARES in impressive. These people are what makes the future look so good for Polk County ARES. The continued development of relationships will allow this growth to occur. I want to thank Polk County Emergency Management, Pete McNally, Billy Abernathy, and Diane Hilliard. I especially want to thank Paul Womble for his leadership, patience,
 forthrightness, example, and financial support of ARES and of me. His constant reminder that relationships are everything in the Disaster Response business kept my focus on people and not systems. Then there are the many people who did all the work, thank you. You have accomplished much and you should rightfully be proud of your attainments. Thank you all for allowing me to serve.
Sincerely,
Robin Retzloff