[LakelandARC] ExpressPCB

Don Jeerings Djeerings at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Sep 15 09:02:42 PDT 2015

On 09/15/2015 10:43 AM, gwmann gwmann at verizon.net [LakelandARC] wrote:
> Have an idea? Get boards made...
> de George KJ4UW
>
> http://www.expresspcb.com/

George.. If they are single sided, we make our own, I conducted a class
for doing this at that at one of our club meetings.

If it's double sided, or we need quantity, It's best to use Express PCB.
I have a running account with them and have had over 60 boards made by
them over the past 3 years.

But for small quantities or experimental, there soft-ware is excellent
for home making small quantity single sided units, keep in mind you have
to reverse the top and bottom images (because you are making copies of a
positive (not negative) image. We use a conventional laser printer and
then heat transfer the Toner image to a copper board, then etch and
drill it. (drills are available at harbor Freight.

We use a peroxide/Hcl mixture in place of ferric chloride. It's much
better, but little bit of training is required to safely it, i.e. Wear
glasses and Never pour water into acid...

If you already have an approved design, and need to make a quantity,
Express (or Sunshine circuits) is the best route, but remember that it's
very costly if you make a mistake in your artwork, like specifying too
small a hole and  with through hole plating, you Cannot re-drill the
hole to make it larger, i.e.  you could easily have a dozen useless boards.

If you are designing a new circuit,  it's best to make the prototype
board at home. After its been debugged and checked operational, then go
to Express (or Sunshine)  for quantity.

What did you have in mind

Don  KI4EFL