[LakelandARC] ExpressPCB

gwmann gwmann at verizon.net
Tue Sep 15 10:26:18 PDT 2015

DonThanks! George KJ4UW

-------- Original message --------
From: "Don Jeerings Djeerings at tampabay.rr.com [LakelandARC]" <LakelandARC at yahoogroups.com>
Date: 09/15/2015  11:35 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: LakelandARC at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [LakelandARC] ExpressPCB

    On 09/15/2015 10:43 AM, gwmann
      gwmann at verizon.net [LakelandARC] wrote:

            Have an idea? Get boards made...
            de George KJ4UW

            http://www.expresspcb.com/

              Sent from my
                Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

    George.. If they are single sided, we make our own, I
        conducted a class for doing this at that at one of our club
        meetings.

        If it's double sided, or we need quantity, It's best to use
        Express PCB. I have a running account with them and have had
        over 60 boards made by them over the past 3 years.

        But for small quantities or experimental, the Express soft-ware
        is excellent for home making small quantity single sided units,
        keep in mind you have to reverse the top and bottom images
        (because you are making copies of a positive (not negative)
        image. We use a conventional laser printer and then heat
        transfer the Toner image to a copper board, then etch and drill
        it. (drills are available at Harbor Freight.

        We use a peroxide/Hcl mixture in place of ferric chloride. It's
        much better, but little bit of training is required to safely
        it, i.e. Wear glasses and Never pour water into acid...

        If you already have an approved design, and need to make a
        quantity, Express is the best route, but remember that it's very
        costly if you make a mistake in your artwork, like specifying
        too small a hole. With through hole plating, you Cannot Drill
        later drill the hold larger. and you could have invested in a
        dozen useless boards.

        If you are designing a new circuit,  it's best to make the
        prototype at home. After its been checked operational, then go
        to Express for quantity.

        What did you have in mind, did you have some other applications
        ?

        Don  KI4EFL

        Posted by: Don Jeerings <Djeerings at tampabay.rr.com>

               Reply to sender

              Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

                            Messages in this topic
                (3)

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%

% General club information, including meeting time & location,

% radio nets, VE testing schedule, etc. can be found at our

% static web site:

%

% http://www.lakelandarc.org/

%

% Please visit our blog for dynamic event information:

%

% http://lakelandarc.blogspot.com/

%

    Visit Your Group