Repeater Interference - Please check your radios

N4ESS n4ess at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 08:53:02 PDT 2017

The LARC K4LKL and the NI4CE repeater system are experiencing interference
between the two via a cross-band repeat.  The output of the LARC repeater,
146.685, is ending up on the input frequency, 447.550, of the NI4CE repeater
site.  That means that someone is cross-band repeating our output to their
input. The conversations we have on K4LKL are going out over the air on the
whole NI4CE system.  The NI4CE Riverview site is where the repeater is
receiving the signal from us. This is resulting in the NI4CE group having to
shut down the Riverview site as it is causing a problem with their whole
system.

There are several radios on the market that do this.  It is possible that
someone may have inadvertently programmed their radio to cross-band repeat
but have put in the wrong frequencies.

Please check your radios to see if that might be the case.   If you have
been experimenting with your radio and have inadvertently programmed it this
may be a quick fix.  If you are scanning several repeaters with your radio
check to see if you are cross-banding as we need to fix this problem as
quick as possible.

REMEMBER:  This type of operation is not authorized between these two
systems.  If this is some type of malicious behavior then a different and
more aggressive approach may be necessary.

Richard Sharp, KQ4KX, our repeater trustee is aware of the problem and
working on it also.

If you have any other ideas about this occurrence then please give me a
call,

Rich Kennedy - N4ESS

LARC Board Member

Lakeland Amateur Radio Club