[LARC-CQ] FT-70: Programming & Wires-X

RuntoThe Musuc runtothemusic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 15:49:18 PDT 2019

Hello,

Just sharing some stuff I figured out with my Yaesu FT-70D (programming &
Wires-X):

73s,
Ringo, K2TDR

Program the Yaesu Ft-70DR with the “FT-70D ADMS-10 EXP” Software

Connect Radio to PC:

   1.

   Remove Battery Pack
   2.

   Connect power cord (shows “EXT DC”)
   3.

   Press & Hold power button to turn radio ON
   4.

   Remove power plug
   5.

   Connect supplied USB
   6.

   Press and hold AMS
   7.

   Connect power cord (shows “ADMS”)

Read Data:

   1.

   Open program - FT-70D ADMS-10 EXP
   2.

   Click Get Data
   3.

   Click OK
   4.

   Press BAND on the radio
   5.

   Data is received into program

WriteData:

   1.

   Make changes in the program
   2.

   SAVE your changes to an external file
   3.

   Click Send Data
   4.

   Press MODE on the radio (shows “WAIT”)
   5.

   Click OK (radio shows “RX”)
   6.

   Data sent to the radio

When done, turn radio off and disconnect wires.

Wires X on the Yaesu Ft-70DR

   1.

   Go to the correct frequency (node or repeater)
   1.

      Closest Wires X Repeater - K4TN (Lithia, FL) / 443.5000 / +5 / 127.3

   1.

   Press F and then AMS
   1.

      Shows “Wires”
      2.

      Shows “Conect”
      3.

      Turn the knob to scroll thru memories
      4.

      Press AMS to connect to a room
      5.

      Hold down BAND to disconnect from a room

   1.

   Disconnect from Wires X (may not let you if there is activity)
   1.

      Hold down BAND to disconnect from a room
      2.

      Hold down MODE to disconnect from Wires X

   1.

   Add a new room to memory
   1.

      Go to the Yaesu nodes page
      1.

         https://www.yaesu.com/jp/en/wires-x/id/active_node.php
         2.

         Find a room (good nodes below)
         1.

            America Link - 21080
            2.

            MINWIS - 21493
            2.

      Follow #2a and #2b
      3.

      Turn knob to “En”
      4.

      Enter node #
      5.

      Press AMS
      6.

      Shows “Conect”
      7.

      To save in memory, long press 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5

Not my video, but very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IuhryJODP4&t=10s