[LARC-CQ] FCC NPRM

Jimmy Russ ab4ka at protonmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:46:58 PDT 2020

I've read where the ARRL is already on top of this. Doesn't mean it won't happen but I know they're not going to take it lying down.

Considering that it averages to $5/year for the license term, I'd do it. I easily get that much out of ham radio. I pay a whole lot more than that for other things. But I get that a whole lot of people are going to be in an uproar since licenses have been free for a long time, and let's face it...hams are notoriously cheap. I think the people for whom it will cause the biggest problem are the ones who are constantly changing their callsign.